Monday, December 8, 2008

'chicka flicka'


hannah from jehnavy did a post awhile back on her favorite chick flicks. this inspired me to do my own essentials list.

-roman holiday. one of my favorite movies of all time. audrey hepburn+gregory peck=bliss.
-pride and prejudice. and really any jane austen.
-can't buy me love & girls just wanna have fun. two 80's classics.
-sleepless in seattle & you've got mail. tom hanks and meg ryan are quite the pair. you've got mail is my favorite movie to watch when i'm sick.
-that touch of mink. i'm a sucker for cary grant.
-the holiday. now i know some people didn't like it, but jack black was so stinkin cute.
-hello dolly. one of my favorite musicals. this is a prater girl favorite. horace vandigelder...
-some like it hot. too funny.
-an affair to remember. i didn't always like this one, but have grown to appreciate it. now there's a tear jerker!
-say anything. in your eyes...
-while you were sleeping. john wayne was tall.
-a walk to remember. i love when he takes her to be in two places at once.
-one fine day. i really like this one for some reason.

so, there are some faves. what are yours?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some faves of mine would have to be:

-Princess Bride: "The Pit of Despair. Don't even think..harrumph harrack hrue...Don't even think about trying to escape."

-You Can't Take It With You

-Penelope: a new fave

-You've Got Mail: "I love Patricia. Patricia is amazing...Patricia makes coffee nervous."

IQ: "We call him the rat man."

-Emma: "Badly done, Emma, badly done!" Best part of that whole movie!

-Indiana Jones (what can I say?)

-Horatio Hornblower (special place in my heart)

-P & P (a Farmer tradition)

-Anne of Green Gables: would love to be her

-Lake House: makes me cry

-Beauty and the Beast: who can't love that?!

-Singing in the Rain: probably the best musical ever made

-My Favorite Wife: gotta love Cary Grant

pam said...

i say matt is so smiling with his eyes in the profile picture. fierce.